Hylands, being one of the first law firms in China to provide capital market services, has extensive experience in providing all-around legal services to clients in the complicated and turbulent capital market. Hylands has provided legal services to hundreds of listed companies in both domestic and overseas capital markets, and has provided advice on a large number of intricate and ground-breaking transactions like initial public offerings and listings, refinancing and bond issuance, including the Shanghai, Shenzhen, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, New York, Nasdaq and Toronto stock markets.
Hylands capital market team currently consists of more than 150 partners, associates and consultants with competence in capital market legal services and appropriate project experience. Hylands is knowledgeable about the various laws, rules and regulatory frameworks of domestic and international capital markets, and has a thorough understanding of these markets. Using expertise in managing the overall transaction process and resolving issues that may occur, Hylands is capable of offering clients comprehensive, high-quality legal services.
The capital market team has developed and maintained a long-term connection with regulatory agencies such as the State Council, National Development and Reform Commission, State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission, Ministry of Commerce, China Securities Regulatory Commission and China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission, and maintained good contacts with numerous major securities firms, financial institutions and fund managers. Those enable Hylands to serve clients with efficient and high-quality legal services, earning widespread industry praise.
Due to good performance in the capital market, Hylands has been awarded the "Growing-up Law Firm of the Year" and "Top Law Firm" over the years by internationally renowned legal rating agencies such as The Legal 500, China Business Law Journal and DAWKINS.
- Equity Transactions
- Domestic IPOs and listings, such as on the Main Board, ChiNext, Science and Technology Innovation Board, Beijing Stock Exchange, etc.;
Overseas IPOs and listing, such as on Hong Kong Stock Exchange (H-share, red-chip listing, SPAC), US Stock Exchange, etc.;
Legal services for listed companies’ mergers and acquisitions, major asset restructuring, etc.;
Legal services for refinancing of listed companies, including additional stock issuance, issuance of convertible bonds, etc.;
Design of corporate governance structure, equity incentive plans and employee stock ownership plans for listed companies;
Legal services for listed companies in relation to privatization, delisting, resumption of listing, bankruptcy and reorganization;
Backdoor (restructuring) listing in the domestic and overseas markets.
- Bonds Issuance
- Bond issuance, including overseas bond issuance by Chinese-funded enterprises (such as US dollar bonds), bond issuance in the inter-bank bond market (such as domestic issuance of RMB bonds by overseas institutions, corporate bonds, etc.), financial bonds (such as financial bonds, subordinated bonds, hybrid bonds), non-financial corporate debt financing instruments (such as short-term financing bills, medium-term notes, etc.), bond issuance on the exchange market (such as listed company bonds, convertible bonds of listed companies, private placement bonds of SMEs, etc.), etc.
- Compliance and Dispute Resolution
- Hylands has superb mid-end legal service capabilities in the capital market such as information disclosure compliance, financial report compliance, actual controller identification, control rights contention, diligent and conscientious directors, supervisors and senior executives, and shareholders' meeting compliance. Hylands also focuses on responses such as regulatory penalties, false statements, insider trading, market manipulation, and delisting risks, as well as case representation, and listed companies with full-process, one-stop legal services.
- Full Life Cycle
- Hylands capital market team can provide legal services throughout the entire life cycle of a business: to assist clients with enterprise establishment, corporate governance structure design and corporate compliance at the start-up stage, advice on corporate finance, listing and refinancing at the capital expansion stage, and domestic and foreign mergers and acquisitions, asset restructuring and the design of equity incentive schemes at the upgrading operating stage. Hylands grows up with clients and assists clients to success.