Hylands international trade team is in a leading position in the field of international trade practice, especially in anti-dumping, countervailing, WTO dispute settlement, outbound investment and international arbitration. In the field of international trade remedies, since 1999, Hylands has undertaken hundreds of anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard investigations. The products involved include steel, chemicals, textiles, light industry, electromechanical and agricultural and sideline products; Hylands also provides legal services for MOFCOM, China Chamber of International Commerce (CCOIC), China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT), China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Machinery and Electronic Products (CCCME), China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Textiles, China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Minmetals and Chemicals, China Iron and Steel Industry Association, China Rubber Industry Association and many other associations. Hylands has obtained good response results of zero tax rate, low tax rate and no-measures settlement, and was widely praised by clients in trade remedy investigations against China in more than 30 countries and regions such as the EU, US, Canada, Australia, India, Ukraine, etc.
Hylands owns one experienced and professional international trade team, and has gathered a large number of high-quality legal talents with overseas study and practice backgrounds who are proficient in both domestic and foreign laws. Several partners have been engaged in related business for more than 20 years and have worked in government agencies such as the Ministry of Commerce.
Hylands has been selected as “Leading Law Firm of the Year” in international trade for many years by Chambers and Partners, an internationally renowned legal media organization.From 2020 to 2022, Hylands provided professional legal services to the Chinese Ministry of Commerce in anti-dumping and countervailing in more than ten cases. Hylands is one of the Trade Remedy Lawyers' Law Firms designated by MOFCOM, which can provide Chinese and foreign clients with the best solutions for international trade and investment.
- International Trade Remedies
- Represent enterprises in responding to the original investigation of anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard and the corresponding new exporter review, interim review, administrative review, sunset review investigation, and anti-circumvention investigation. Legal services include preparing the response to questionnaires and the supplemental questionnaires and participating in remote or desk verification, submit a defense against damages, and participate in hearings, etc.
- WTO Disputes and Trade Barrier Investigation
- Assist the relevant departments of the Chinese government to participate in the settlement of the WTO dispute mechanism, prepare consultation materials, make statements to the Panel and the Appellate Body, and represent manufacturers or suppliers who have interest in the products or services involved in the sued barriers to prepare the response to questionnaires and submitting the consultation materials.
- Compliance for Import and Export
- Assist clients in responding to Investigations on economic sanctions and Investigations on import and export control against specific countries, industries or targets, providing legal services for the construction of trade compliance systems and global supply chain compliance systems, and provide legal consulting services for clients to remove from sanctions blacklists.
- Draft/review bills of lading, charter contracts, freight forwarding contracts and other maritime cargo transportation contracts, multimodal transport and logistics warehousing contracts, etc. Freight forwarding contract dispute resolution, ship construction, sale, repair and dismantling contract dispute resolution. Settlement of disputes over compensation for ship collision damages, claims for loading and unloading equipment, attachments, loss of containers, etc.
- Customs Law
- Assist enterprises in dealing with import and export compliance risk prevention and customs inspection and legal remedies, and provide legal consulting services on customs rules of origin, tax code classification, customs value verification and other import and export declaration businesses.
- Legal Advice and Dispute Resolution
- Provide advice on international trade in goods and services contracts, policies and regulations, and transaction structure security; assist enterprises in solving legal matters such as litigation and arbitration of international trade disputes.
- International Arbitration
- Provide legal consulting services on proposed or ongoing international arbitration cases, issue legal analysis and evaluation opinions; in arbitration cases conducted by international arbitration institutions, participate in arbitration as the agent of the parties, submit relevant materials; in foreign arbitration cases, issue Chinese legal expert opinions according to the instructions of the parties, and other legal services required by other parties.